Week of September 18-23, 2017
* 8:00am Men’s Cursillo Reunion – Fireside Room
* 10:00am Quilt Ministry – Parish Hall
* 10:00am Bazaar Workshop – Parish Hall
* 11:00am Come & See/Go & Tell Women’s Cursillo – Chapel
* 9:00am Men’s Cursillo Grouping – Vesting Room
* 12noon Music Live with Lunch – Church and Parish Hall
* 3:30pm Chancel Choir Rehearsal – Church
* 10:00am Don Freeman Study Group – Fireside Room
* 11:00am Mid-Week Service – Chapel
* 12:00 noon Soup’s On – Parish Hall
* 10:30am Interactive Bible Study – Sunshine Room
* 11:30am Centering Prayer – Chapel
* 1:30pm Women’s Cursillo Grouping – Call Claire Alkire for loc.
* 2:00pm Sequim Cares – Parish Hall
* 4:00pm Wire Choir Practice – Church
* 9:00am Altar Guild – Altar Guild Sacristy & Church
Music Live with Lunch opens the 2017/18 season on Tuesday, September 19th with a performer new to St. Lukes, Buck Ellard. The concert starts at 12noon in the Church followed with a lunch of salmon and cheese cake.
The Don Freeman Study Group concludes the Mudhouse Sabath on September 20th. The topic will be Doorposts (mezuzot). “The Jewish people often affix a mezuzah to their door frame to donote sacred space within…”. This study group meets on Wednesdays at 10:00am in the Fireside Room. Everyone is welcome, even for just one session. Questions may be referred to Alan or Mary Jo Camagna.
The next bi-monthly meeting of Sequm Cares takes place at 2:00pm Thursday, September 21st in the Parish Hall.
SAVE THE DATE: for St. Luke’s Parish Potluck, Sunday, September 24th after the Single 10:00 service. This is not a BBQ, strictly a potluck. Sign up in the Parish information Center and describe the dish you will bring…main dishes, salads/side dishes and desserts. Please bring your own place settings and utensils.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR:
TAIZE resumes after the summer hiatus on Monday, September 25th at 7:00pm in the Church. All are invited to this ecumenical service. Please contact Sister Karen-Anne for more information.
St. Luke’s Women’s Spirituality Group meets again after their summer hiatus on Tuesday morning, September 26th. All are welcome to join them in the Sunshine Room at 9am for prayer and conversation. Contact is Mari Chesser.
The Vestry will meet on Wwednesday, September 27th at 2pm in the Parish Hall.
Bazaar Workshop is in need of Lavendeer for projects. With the date of the Holiday Bazaar (Nov. 11th) getting closer, help is also needed to make Christmas items (fabric and other handiworks.) Meet on Mondays 10am-1pm in the Parish Hall…bring a lunch and your ideas…all are welcome to join the group for crafts and fellowship. Contact Roberta Griset or Kay Schiller for more information.
Soup’s On needs cooks! If you are interested in making your favorite soup for the weekly Wednesday Soup’s On lunch, please contact Barbara Heckard by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also needed are monetary donations to keep this worthwhile ministry going.
Earth Stewardship is collecting aluminum cans for recycling. This project raises awareness of conserving our resources as well as raises funds for this ministry’s efforts. They need your help! Please add your rinsed aluminum beverage & pet food cans, baking pans and foil (soup cans are not recyclable) to the collection receptacles at the west end of the Parish Hall. Contact Jim Aldrich or Gary Jones with any questions.